What’s sustainability all about ?
Sustainability is a matter of assuring the long-term well-being of everyone and everything on the planet by restoring and then maintaining harmonious relationships between human activities and the natural world on the planet earth, and within and among our human societies. It has social, economic and environmental aspects, and involves values and politics. These are the ‘themes’ around which SW is structured.The following pages provide more information:
- Understanding the pillars of sustainability (themes of SW) ?
- What are the environmental issues facing the world today ?
- What are the social and economic issues facing the world today ?
- How all these ‘global issues’ issues are inter-linked
- Is ‘sustainability’ a science ?